You’ve got your new tattoo and now you have to take care of it.
- Remove bandage after 2 to 3 hours. You will not need to rebandage after this, let it breathe.
- Wash the tattoo gently with mild antibacterial soap and water. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a plain white skin lotion sparingly 2 to 3 times daily until the tattoo is healed. Keep in mind that too much can be just as bad as too little.
- Until the tattoo is healed no soaking and no sunlight. Showering is just fine, you have to keep it clean anyway.
Do you do piercings?
How old do you need to be to get tattooed?
– The great state of Wisconsin requires that any person getting tattooed must be 18 years of age. No ifs ands or buts about it. Your parents or guardians may be able to sign for a piercing at a different establishment, but that is not the case for a tattoo in any Wisconsin establishment.
Do you reuse needles?
– Absolutely not! We’ve jumped on the wagon of using all disposable products while complying with the Dept. of Health Services.
How bad is my tattoo going to hurt?
– Pain is relative. Each persons pain tolerance varies, as well as varying from place to place on each person. Just remember that the tattoo is going to be with you longer than the pain will, so do what is going to make you the happiest.
Is there a minimum cost?
– Yes, we have a 50 dollar minimum.
How much does a sleeve cost?
– This is a question we’ve gotten several times over. Ideally you would bring in your images/inspirations and have a consult with the artist. Any larger pieces have a lot of variables that all need to be taken into consideration before pricing. If you would like to call ahead you can make sure the artist you are looking for will be in when you want to stop by.
I just got tattooed a few days ago. Is it okay if I go swimming?
– No, you should really wait until the tattoo is healed. Soaking the tattoo is already not a good idea, but swimming pools contain chemicals that can pull the color out of the tattoo, and lakes and rivers contain bacteria that you definitely don’t want your tattoo in.
How long will it take my tattoo to heal?
– Again, each person is different but on average it takes about 2 1/2 to 4 weeks for a tattoo to heal.
I have a medical condition, (diabetic, on blood thinners, etc…) can I still get a tattoo?
– You really should have a conversation with your doctor before making this decision. We aren’t medical professionals so we really can’t make that call.